Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My NYX + Maybelline Haul

Hiya, guys!
photo credit here
As you may have noticed, I've been mentioning that I'm on a penny pinching mode, primarily because I'm unemployed at the moment (I really hope those companies that I have applied to hire me ASAP!), and so I have been doing everything I can to minimize my expenses, especially whenever I go to school.

Guess what? All of these efforts paid off, as I have saved a few hundred pesos in a few weeks -- just enough for me to get a few items that I've been meaning to get for myself.

Get to know more about my latest haul when you click 'Read More.'


So unlike my previous haul from Watsons, this is a pretty lean lineup. However, I know that these things are what I really need to have in my makeup bag, considering my Php1,500 budget. Let's count them down, shall we?


(clockwise, from left)

1. Maybelline Clear Smooth Pressed Powder. My go-to pressed powder during my college days. I've been finding recently that powder foundation could be quite heavy on my face, so I decided to switch back to pressed powder for my makeup routine. And what better way to return to the routine than to reunite with the brand you loved?

2. Maybelline Baby Smooth Pore Cover. I've been on a hunt for a good, affordable makeup primer or pore mattifier, so I could deal with my oily-skin-getting-in-the-way-for-good-makeup problem for good. Actually, I've been meaning to get the Quick FX Pore Mattifier but it has been out of stock for months now. So the next affordable option for me is this mattifier from Maybelline, and so I'll give this baby a try...

3. NYX Eye Pencils in Sapphire and Purple. I love eyeliners for its ability to change up my look in less time. And I love NYX for its professional-quality makeup for an affordable price. At 230 pesos a pop, I could hoard these liners in all its colors; but I restrained myself and only got the Purple and Sapphire shades, as these best flatter my skin and eye color.

4. NYX High Definition Eyeshadow Base. I had oily lids, so I've been on a hunt for a good, affordable eyeshadow primer to make my eye looks last longer. This particular primer has received good reviews, and so I decided to give this a try...

And there's my lean, mean NYX + Maybelline haul for the day. Watch out for the review of each of these items, so keep yourselves posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment